Looking for the best period tracker apps to help you track your menstrual cycle? You’ve come to the right place. I’ve compiled a list of the top period apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and other Apple products.
Most of the menstrual cycle apps on this list are free; and others are available for a minimal fee. In this article, you will learn why each period tracking app is the best, and why you need to track your menstrual cycles in the first place.
Why Should You Track Your Period?
Unless you’re incredibly weird, you probably don’t look forward to having your period – your “time of the month.” Those 3 to 7 days (for most women) when Aunt Flow (sometimes abbreviated AF) comes to visit. The average length of a menstrual cycle (from day 1 of your period to the next period) is 28 days. But it’s perfectly normal for your cycle to be as short as 21 days, or as long as 35 days. Every woman is different, and many women don’t have the textbook 28-day cycle.
Some women are quite lucky for their period to land exactly on day 28 each and every month. For other women, the day that their period starts is less predictable. For example, I have irregular periods. I always have a menstrual period, but it doesn’t always fall within the typical 28-day cycle. One month, there may be 32 days from one period to the next. The following month, my period might not come until day 34. That’s where a period app comes in handy.
Why Use a Period Calendar App to Track Your Period?
Period apps (aka period calendar apps) give you an estimated date of when your next period will likely occur, based on the average number of days in your cycle. Period tracker apps aren’t 100 percent accurate, but they give you a good estimate of when to expect your next period. They are truly handy, and some even allow you keep track of your PMS symptoms – which is also really beneficial. Some iPhone period apps also calculate the day that you ovulate, and the range of days that you’re fertile. (Having sex on your fertile days can improve your chance of getting pregnant.)
The period apps that I’m writing about today can all be found on iTunes app store. You can download them for your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and other Apple mobile devices.
Best Period Tracker Apps
1.– This is the free period app that I use to track my periods, and I absolutely love it. This has to be the BEST period app on the market. And did I mention that it’s free to download?! If you are looking for a useful and accurate period app, this is definitely a great iphone app to try.
The Period Tracker allows you keep daily logs of your moods, PMS symptoms, and when you’re intimate. (This comes in handy for women who want to conceive.) This period calendar app takes the average of your past three menstrual periods to predict the start date of your next period. It also lets you know when you’re fertile and when you’re ovulating. (I have been using this period tracking app for over two years, and it is very accurate in my experience.)
If you’re a girlie girl, you are going to love the cute, feminine design of this app. Available for iPhone, iPod touch, and the iPad. There’s also a paid version of the app, which has a few extra features. But the free version works just great.
2. ($1.99) – This is a cute period app, which you can personalize with 6 different themes. You can easily track your menstrual cycles, as well as your most fertile days. For women who are trying to get pregnant, you can track your weight and your basal body temperature with this paid menstrual period cycles app. This period calendar app also gives you the ability to keep track of your PMS symptoms – like acne, tender breasts, cramps, headaches, etc. There are 40 moods you can choose from.
Want to export your data? This period app lets you use email to export your data. Pretty cool features. Available for $1.99 and compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
3. (Free) – Another period calendar app that’s perfect for all women. It allows you to track the date of your next period, when you’re most fertile and when you’re ovulating. (Great for women who are trying to get pregnant.) This period app also gives you the ability ot keep track of your pregnancy symptoms, when you have a “love connection” (intimacy with your husband or partner), and if you experience any spotting.
The period tracker app can be password protected so you can keep it away from prying eyes who might have access to your iPhone or iPod touch. There’s a paid version of the app, too. But if you’re looking for a free period calendar app, this is definitely one you should check out.
4. (Free) – This top period app is perfect for women trying to conceive. Created by WhatToExpect.com, this period calendar app helps map out when you’re most fertile and when you should expect your period. There are also daily pregnancy tips that will help inspire you as you work towards your goal. There’s also estimated due dates for each day that you might conceive.
It’s a good period app, but it’s geared more toward women who want to get pregnant. It is missing some critical features that the other apps have. But still, it’s free and pretty nifty.
5. ($1.99) – This period app has a very creative floral design that you’ll love. The Period Diary Pro allows you to track your period, most fertile days, ovulation, PMS symptoms, weight, and more. There are three different skins for you to choose from, and you can even sync your data with Google calendar. Other cool features available from his paid period tracker app include access to a social forum (where you can talk about your symptoms with other women around the world), a graphical display of your periods, and a pregnancy mode.
Available for $1.99 from the iTunes app store, this period app is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
6.(Free) – If you’re just looking for a simple period app without all the extra frills, this period tracker app for the iPhone is free and easy to use. Period Plus predicts the dates of your periods, most fertile days, and ovulation dates for the next 12 months. It’s also password protected. Another nifty feature of this free period calendar app is the ability to keep track of the intensity of your PMS symptoms. You can also make journal entries on days that you have sex. (This is a neat feature, in the event that you get pregnant. You can pinpoint when you conceived. A very cool period tracker app to try out.)
7. ($1.99) – This is a simple period app that predicts your menstrual cycles and when you’re most fertile. You can also keep track of your pregnancy test results, your mood on any given day, and PMS symptoms that you’re experiencing. You can also keep track of your basal body temperature each day. This ia a good period tracker app for women who are wanting to conceive.
Tips for Choosing the Best Period App
I have given you an overview of different period apps on the market. When it comes to tracking menstrual cycles, I am a huge fan of period apps that are free. The paid period apps are fine, but they cost money. Why pay when you can get something for free?
When you’re choosing the best period app to track your menstrual cycle, I highly suggest that you go for the free period apps first. Read user reviews of their accuracy – these can be found on the iTunes product pages, which are linked in this article. You may also want to choose the iPhone app to track your periods based on the overall design. You may want a design or skin that is more minimalist and not so flashy.
If you have tried period tracker apps in the past, what do you recommend that my readers try?